Wish to know the newest from Google Cloud? Discover it right here in a single helpful location. Test again often for our latest updates, bulletins, assets, occasions, studying alternatives, and extra.
Week of Nov 23-27 2020
- Tuning management assist in Cloud SQL for MySQL—We’ve made all 80 flags that had been beforehand in preview now usually out there (GA), empowering you with the controls it’s worthwhile to optimize your databases. See the total record right here.
- New in BigQuery ML—We introduced the final availability of boosted timber utilizing XGBoost, deep neural networks (DNNs) utilizing TensorFlow, and mannequin export for on-line prediction. Study extra.
- New AI/ML in retail report—We lately commissioned a survey of worldwide retail executives to higher perceive which AI/ML use circumstances throughout the retail worth chain drive the best worth and returns in retail, and what retailers want to remember when going after these alternatives. Study extra or learn the report.
Week of Nov 16-20 2020
- New whitepaper on how AI helps the patent business—Our new paper outlines a strategy to coach a BERT (bidirectional encoder illustration from transformers) mannequin on over 100 million patent publications from the U.S. and different international locations utilizing open-source tooling. Study extra or learn the whitepaper.
- Google Cloud assist for .NET 5.zero—Study extra about our assist of .NET 5.zero, in addition to easy methods to deploy it to Cloud Run.
- .NET Core three.1 now on Cloud Features—With this integration you may write cloud capabilities utilizing your favourite .NET Core three.1 runtime with our Features Framework for .NET for an idiomatic developer expertise. Study extra.
- Filestore Backups in preview—We introduced the supply of the Filestore Backups preview in all areas, making it simpler emigrate your online business continuity, catastrophe restoration and backup technique to your file methods in Google Cloud. Study extra.
- Introducing Voucher, a service to assist safe the container provide chain—Developed by the Software program Provide Chain Safety group at Shopify to work with Google Cloud instruments, Voucher evaluates container photos created by CI/CD pipelines and indicators these photos in the event that they meet sure predefined safety standards. Binary Authorization then validates these signatures at deploy time, guaranteeing that solely explicitly licensed code that meets your organizational coverage and compliance necessities will be deployed to manufacturing. Study extra.
- 10 most watched from Google Cloud Subsequent ‘20: OnAir—Take a stroll by way of the 10 periods that had been hottest from Subsequent OnAir, masking every little thing from information analytics to cloud migration to no-code improvement. Learn the weblog.
- Artifact Registry is now GA—With assist for container photos, Maven, npm packages, and extra codecs coming quickly, Artifact Registry helps your group profit from scale, safety, and standardization throughout your software program provide chain. Learn the weblog.
Week of Nov 9-13 2020
- Introducing the Anthos Developer Sandbox—The Anthos Developer Sandbox provides you a straightforward solution to be taught to develop on Anthos for free of charge, out there to anybody with a Google account. Learn the weblog.
- Database Migration Service now out there in preview—Database Migration Service (DMS) makes migrations to Cloud SQL easy and dependable. DMS helps migrations of self-hosted MySQL databases—both on-premises or within the cloud, in addition to managed databases from different clouds—to Cloud SQL for MySQL. Assist for PostgreSQL is presently out there for restricted prospects in preview, with SQL Server coming quickly. Study extra.
- Troubleshoot deployments or manufacturing points extra rapidly with new logs tailing—We’ve added assist for a brand new API to tail logs with low latency. Utilizing gcloud, it permits you the comfort of tail -f with the highly effective question language and centralized logging resolution of Cloud Logging. Study extra about this preview characteristic.
- Regionalized log storage now out there in 5 new areas in preview—Now you can choose the place your logs are saved from certainly one of 5 areas along with international—asia-east1, europe-west1, us-central1, us-east1, and us-west1. If you create a logs bucket, you may set the area by which you wish to retailer your logs information. Get began with this information.
Week of Nov 2-6 2020
- Cloud SQL provides assist for PostgreSQL 13—Shortly after its group GA, Cloud SQL has added assist for PostgreSQL 13. You get entry to the newest options of PostgreSQL whereas Cloud SQL handles the heavy operational lifting, so your group can give attention to accelerating software supply. Learn extra right here.
- Apigee creates worth for companies operating on SAP—Google Cloud’s API Administration platform Apigee is optimized for information insights and information monetization, serving to companies operating on SAP innovate quicker with out worry of SAP-specific challenges to modernization. Learn extra right here.
- Doc AI platform is reside—The brand new Doc AI (DocAI) platform, a unified console for doc processing, is now out there in preview. You’ll be able to rapidly entry all parsers, instruments and options (e.g. Lending DocAI, Procurement DocAI) with a unified API, enabling an end-to-end doc resolution from analysis to deployment. Learn the total story right here or test it out in your Google Cloud console.
- Accelerating information migration with Switch Home equipment TA40 and TA300—We’re asserting the final availability of recent Switch Home equipment. Clients are on the lookout for quick, safe and straightforward to make use of choices emigrate their workloads to Google Cloud and we’re addressing their wants with subsequent era Switch Home equipment. Study extra about Switch Home equipment TA40 and TA300.
Week of Oct 26-30 2020
- B.H., Inc. accelerates digital transformation—The Utah primarily based contracting and development firm BHI eradicated IT backlog when non technical staff had been empowered to construct tools inspection, productiveness, and different customized apps by selecting Google Workspace and the no-code app improvement platform, AppSheet. Learn the total story right here.
- Globe Telecom embraces no-code improvement—Google Cloud’s AppSheet empowers Globe Telecom staff to do extra innovating with much less code. The worldwide communications firm kickstarted their no-code journey by combining the facility of AppSheet with a singular adoption technique. Consequently, AppSheet helped Globe Telecom staff construct 59 enterprise apps in simply Eight weeks. Get the total story.
- Cloud Logging now permits you to management entry to logs through Log Views—Constructing on the management provided through Log Buckets (weblog put up), now you can configure who has entry to logs primarily based on the supply undertaking, useful resource sort, or log identify, all utilizing customary IAM controls. Logs views, presently in Preview, may also help you construct a system utilizing the precept of least privilege, limiting delicate logs to solely customers who want this info. Study extra about Log Views.
- Doc AI is HIPAA compliant—Doc AI now permits HIPAA compliance. Now Healthcare and Life Science prospects corresponding to well being care suppliers, well being plans, and life science organizations can unlock insights by rapidly extracting structured information from medical paperwork whereas safeguarding people’ protected well being info (PHI). Study extra about Google Cloud’s almost 100 merchandise that assist HIPAA-compliance.
Week of Oct 19-23 2020
- Improved safety and governance in Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL—Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL now integrates with Cloud IAM (preview) to offer simplified and constant authentication and authorization. Cloud SQL has additionally enabled PostgreSQL Audit Extension (preview) for extra granular audit logging. Learn the weblog.
- Saying the AI in Monetary Crime Compliance webinar—Our govt digital discussion board will characteristic business executives, lecturers, and former regulators who will talk about how AI is reworking monetary crime compliance on November 17. Register now.
- Reworking retail with AI/ML—New analysis supplies insights on excessive worth AI/ML use circumstances for meals, drug, mass service provider and speciality retail that may drive important worth and construct resilience for your online business. Study what the highest use circumstances are to your sub-segment and browse actual world success tales. Obtain the e-book right here and think about this companion webinar which additionally options insights from Zulily.
- New launch of Migrate for Anthos—We’re introducing two necessary new capabilities within the 1.5 launch of Migrate for Anthos, Google Cloud’s resolution to simply migrate and modernize purposes presently operating on VMs in order that they as an alternative run on containers in Google Kubernetes Engine or Anthos. The primary is GA assist for modernizing IIS apps operating on Home windows Server VMs. The second is a brand new utility that helps you determine which VMs in your current atmosphere are one of the best targets for modernization to containers. Begin migrating or try the evaluation software documentation (Linux | Home windows).
- New Compute Engine autoscaler controls—New scale-in controls in Compute Engine allow you to restrict the VM deletion price by stopping the autoscaler from decreasing a MIG’s measurement by extra VM situations than your workload can tolerate to lose. Learn the weblog.
- Lending DocAI in preview—Lending DocAI is a specialised resolution in our Doc AI portfolio for the mortgage business that processes debtors’ earnings and asset paperwork to speed-up mortgage purposes. Learn the weblog, or try the product demo.
Week of Oct 12-16 2020
- New upkeep controls for Cloud SQL—Cloud SQL now gives upkeep deny interval controls, which let you stop computerized upkeep from occurring throughout a 90-day time interval. Learn the weblog.
- Traits in volumetric DDoS assaults—This week we revealed a deep dive into DDoS threats, detailing the developments we’re seeing and supplying you with a more in-depth have a look at how we put together for multi-terabit assaults so your websites keep up and operating. Learn the weblog.
- New in BigQuery—We shared numerous updates this week, together with new SQL capabilities, extra granular management over your partitions with time unit partitioning, the final availability of Desk ACLs, and BigQuery System Tables Reviews, an answer that goals that will help you monitor BigQuery flat-rate slot and reservation utilization by leveraging BigQuery’s underlying INFORMATION_SCHEMA views. Learn the weblog.
- Cloud Code makes YAML straightforward for a whole lot of well-liked Kubernetes CRDs—We introduced authoring assist for greater than 400 well-liked Kubernetes CRDs out of the field, any current CRDs in your Kubernetes cluster, and any CRDs you add out of your native machine or a URL. Learn the weblog.
- Google Cloud’s information privateness commitments for the AI period—We’ve outlined how our AI/ML Privateness Dedication displays our perception that prospects ought to have each the best degree of safety and the best degree of management over information saved within the cloud. Learn the weblog.
New, decrease pricing for Cloud CDN—We’ve diminished the worth of cache fill (content material fetched out of your origin) costs throughout the board, by as much as 80%, together with our current introduction of a brand new set of versatile caching capabilities, to make it even simpler to make use of Cloud CDN to optimize the efficiency of your purposes. Learn the weblog.
Increasing the BeyondCorp Alliance—Final 12 months, we introduced our BeyondCorp Alliance with companions that share our Zero Belief imaginative and prescient. At present, we’re asserting new companions to this alliance. Learn the weblog.
New information analytics coaching alternatives—All through October and November, we’re providing numerous no-cost methods to be taught information analytics, with trainings for inexperienced persons to superior customers. Study extra.
New BigQuery weblog collection—BigQuery Defined supplies overviews on storage, information ingestion, queries, joins, and extra. Learn the collection.
Week of Oct 5-9 2020
Introducing the Google Cloud Healthcare Consent Administration API—This API provides healthcare software builders and medical researchers a easy solution to handle people’ consent of their well being information, significantly necessary given the brand new and rising digital care and analysis eventualities associated to COVID-19. Learn the weblog.
Saying Google Cloud buildpacks—Primarily based on the CNCF buildpacks v3 specification, these buildpacks produce container photos that observe greatest practices and are appropriate for operating on all of our container platforms: Cloud Run (totally managed), Anthos, and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). Learn the weblog.
Offering open entry to the Genome Aggregation Database (gnomAD)—Our collaboration with Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard supplies free entry to one of many world’s most complete public genomic datasets. Learn the weblog.
Introducing HTTP/gRPC server streaming for Cloud Run—Server-side HTTP streaming to your serverless purposes operating on Cloud Run (totally managed) is now out there. This implies your Cloud Run providers can serve bigger responses or stream partial responses to shoppers throughout the span of a single request, enabling faster server response instances to your purposes. Learn the weblog.
New safety and privateness options in Google Workspace—Alongside the announcement of Google Workspace we additionally shared extra info on new security measures that assist facilitate protected communication and provides admins elevated visibility and management for his or her organizations. Learn the weblog.
Introducing Google Workspace—Google Workspace contains all the productiveness apps you recognize and use at house, at work, or within the classroom—Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Chat and extra—now extra thoughtfully linked. Learn the weblog.
New in Cloud Features: languages, availability, portability, and extra—We prolonged Cloud Features—our scalable pay-as-you-go Features-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform that runs your code with zero server administration—so now you can use it to construct end-to-end options for a number of key use circumstances. Learn the weblog.
Saying the Google Cloud Public Sector Summit, Dec Eight-9—Our upcoming two-day digital occasion will supply thought-provoking panels, keynotes, buyer tales and extra on the way forward for digital service within the public sector. Register for free of charge.