This previous week our service groups proceed to innovate in your behalf, and so much has occurred within the Amazon Net Providers (AWS) universe. I’ll additionally share about all of the AWS Group occasions and initiatives which can be occurring around the globe.
Let’s dive in!
Final week’s launches
Listed below are some launches that obtained my consideration:
AWS Step Features provides integration for 33 companies together with Amazon Q – AWS Step Features is a visible workflow service able to orchestrating over 11,000+ API actions from over 220 AWS companies to assist clients construct distributed functions at scale. This week, AWS Step Features expands its AWS SDK integrations with help for 33 extra AWS companies, together with Amazon Q, AWS B2B Knowledge Interchange, and Amazon CloudFront KeyValueStore.
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS) Service Join introduces help for automated site visitors encryption with TLS Certificates – Amazon ECS launches help for automated site visitors encryption with Transport Layer Safety (TLS) certificates for its networking functionality known as ECS Service Join. With this help, ECS Service Join permits your functions to determine a safe connection by encrypting your community site visitors.
Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS) and Amazon EKS Distro help Kubernetes model 1.29 – Kubernetes model 1.29 launched a number of new options and bug fixes. You’ll be able to create new EKS clusters utilizing v1.29 and improve your current clusters to v1.29 utilizing the Amazon EKS console, the
eksctl command line interface, or by an infrastructure-as-code (IaC) software.
IPv6 occasion bundles on Amazon Lightsail – With these new occasion bundles, you may rise up and working rapidly on IPv6-only with out the necessity for a public IPv4 tackle with the benefit of use and ease of Amazon Lightsail. You probably have current Lightsail situations with a public IPv4 tackle, you may migrate your situations to IPv6-only in a couple of easy steps.
Amazon Digital Non-public Cloud (Amazon VPC) helps idempotency for route desk and community ACL creation – Idempotent creation of route tables and community ACLs is meant for purchasers that use community orchestration methods or automation scripts that create route tables and community ACLs as a part of a workflow. It lets you safely retry creation with out extra uncomfortable side effects.
Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS) proclaims audio-only pricing for Low-Latency Streaming – Amazon IVS is a managed stay streaming resolution that’s designed to make low-latency or real-time video obtainable to viewers around the globe. It now gives audio-only pricing for its Low-Latency Streaming functionality at 1/10th of the prevailing HD video charge.
Sellers can resell third-party skilled companies in AWS Market – AWS Market sellers, together with unbiased software program distributors (ISVs), consulting companions, and channel companions, can now resell third-party skilled companies in AWS Market. Providers can embrace implementation, assessments, managed companies, coaching, or premium help.
Introducing the AWS Small and Medium Enterprise (SMB) Competency – That is the primary go-to-market AWS Specialization designed for companions who ship to small and medium-sized clients. The SMB Competency offers enhanced advantages for AWS Companions to take a position and give attention to SMB buyer enterprise, corresponding to turning into the go-to normal for participation in new pilots and gross sales initiatives and receiving distinctive entry to scale demand technology engines.
For a full record of AWS bulletins, make sure you keep watch over the What’s New at AWS web page.
X in Y – We launched current companies and occasion varieties in extra Areas:
- Amazon Q in QuickSight is now obtainable in Europe (Frankfurt). With Amazon Q in QuickSight, enterprise customers can generate compelling knowledge tales that present narratives of information, create dashboard summaries to share key insights from knowledge in seconds, and confidently reply questions not answered by dashboards and reviews.
- Amazon Launch Wizard is now obtainable in Asia Pacific (Melbourne) and Europe (Spain, Zurich). AWS Launch Wizard offers a step-by-step information to assist dimension, configure, and deploy AWS sources for SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver methods constructed on SAP HANA and Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) utilizing software programming interfaces (APIs) or a console-based expertise.
- Amazon RDS Customized for Oracle is now obtainable in Europe (Paris). Through the use of Amazon RDS Customized for Oracle, you may profit from the agility of a managed database service, with options corresponding to automated backups and point-in-time restoration, and in addition assist meet your database software’s customization necessities.
- Amazon EC2 M7a, R7a situations now obtainable in Asia Pacific (Tokyo). M7a and R7a situations, powered by 4th Gen AMD EPYC processors (code-named Genoa) with a most frequency of three.7 GHz, ship as much as 50 p.c increased efficiency in comparison with M6a and R6a situations, respectively.
- Amazon EC2 C7i situations at the moment are obtainable in Europe (Frankfurt) and South America (São Paulo). C7i situations are powered by customized 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors solely obtainable on AWS. They provide as much as 15 p.c higher efficiency over comparable x86-based Intel processors utilized by different cloud suppliers.
- Amazon EC2 Excessive Reminiscence situations now obtainable in Europe (Stockholm). Amazon EC2 Excessive Reminiscence situations are licensed by SAP for working Enterprise Suite on HANA, SAP S/4HANA, Knowledge Mart Options on HANA, Enterprise Warehouse on HANA, and SAP BW/4HANA in manufacturing environments.
- Amazon Join SMS is now obtainable in Asia Pacific (Seoul, Sydney). Amazon Join SMS makes it straightforward so that you can resolve buyer points through textual content messaging.
Different AWS information
Listed below are some extra initiatives, packages, and information gadgets that you just may discover fascinating:
Export a Software program Invoice of Supplies utilizing Amazon Inspector – Producing an SBOM offers you crucial safety info that provides you visibility into specifics about your software program provide chain, together with the packages you employ essentially the most ceaselessly and the associated vulnerabilities which may have an effect on your complete firm. My colleague Varun Sharma in South Africa exhibits find out how to export a consolidated SBOM for the sources monitored by Amazon Inspector throughout your group in trade normal codecs, together with CycloneDx and SPDX. It additionally shares insights and approaches for analyzing SBOM artifacts utilizing Amazon Athena.
AWS open supply information and updates – My colleague Ricardo writes this weekly open supply e-newsletter by which he highlights new open supply initiatives, instruments, and demos from the AWS Group.
Upcoming AWS occasions
Test your calendars and join these AWS occasions:
AWS Innovate: AI/ML and Knowledge Version – Register now for the Asia Pacific & Japan AWS Innovate on-line convention on February 22, 2024, to discover, uncover, and learn to innovate with synthetic intelligence (AI) and machine studying (ML). Select from over 50 classes in three languages and get hands-on with technical demos geared toward generative AI builders.
AWS Summit Paris – The AWS Summit Paris is an annual occasion that’s held in Paris, France. It’s a nice alternative for cloud computing professionals from all around the world to study in regards to the newest AWS applied sciences, community with different professionals, and collaborate on initiatives. The Summit is free to attend and options keynote shows, breakout classes, and hands-on labs. Registrations are open!
AWS Group re:Invent re:Caps – Be a part of a Group re:Cap occasion organized by volunteers from AWS Person Teams and AWS Cloud Golf equipment around the globe to study in regards to the newest bulletins from AWS re:Invent.
You’ll be able to browse all upcoming in-person and digital occasions.
That’s all for this week. Test again subsequent Monday for one more Weekly Roundup!
This publish is a part of our Weekly Roundup sequence. Test again every week for a fast roundup of fascinating information and bulletins from AWS!