This weblog is co-authored by Ravi Turlapati, Head of Strategic Merchandise and Progress, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
The Microsoft and Oracle partnership is concentrated on giving prospects selection and eradicating the hurdles confronted when migrating mission-critical workloads to the general public cloud the place they’ll entry the wealthy set of know-how wanted to speed up innovation and compete extra successfully. In September, Satya Nadella and Larry Ellison introduced Oracle Database@Azure, a brand new providing that delivers Oracle database providers working on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) inside Azure datacenters and offers prospects extra flexibility in the place they run their workloads.
We’re excited to share that Oracle Database@Azure is mostly obtainable within the Azure East United States area, with extra areas coming in 2024. Now you can use Oracle database providers working on OCI deployed in Azure information facilities. This streamlines the migration of Oracle database workloads to Azure, the place you’ll be able to combine and innovate with the breadth of Microsoft Cloud providers like Azure AI and our utility platform and developer providers. You’ll be capable of buy this Oracle-managed service, working on OCI inside Azure datacenters, from the Azure Market with the identical options and pricing as Oracle Exadata cloud service on OCI. And, you need to use your current Azure and Oracle commitments, program advantages, and licenses to take action.
Exadata Database Service is the primary service to be obtainable together with assist for Oracle Actual Utility Clusters (RAC), Oracle GoldenGate, and Oracle Knowledge Guard applied sciences. We plan to supply Autonomous Database Service within the close to future. Microsoft Azure is the one hyperscaler aside from OCI to supply these Oracle database providers.
Many shoppers have proven robust curiosity within the product, and the Oracle and Microsoft product groups are working diligently to broaden the supply of extra areas in 2024, starting with Germany West Central, Australia East, France Central, Canada Central, Brazil South, Japan East, United Kingdom South, Central United States, and South Central United States. We are going to proceed so as to add extra areas based mostly on buyer demand, and we encourage prospects to share their necessities for added areas with their Oracle or Microsoft account groups.
The advantages of Oracle databases in Azure
Oracle Database@Azure offers a number of advantages:
- Optimized efficiency and latency: Oracle database providers in Azure are designed to supply excessive ranges of efficiency, scale, safety, and availability. By working OCI databases in Azure datacenters alongside different providers in Azure, you’ll be able to optimize latency and efficiency.
- Streamlined migration: You should utilize acquainted and confirmed Oracle options like Oracle Zero Downtime Migration (ZDM) emigrate Oracle databases as is without having for refactoring purposes or databases.
- Utility modernization: You should utilize the wealthy set of utility providers, growth instruments, and frameworks obtainable in Azure to modernize your workloads and run cloud native purposes with direct entry to information in Oracle Database@Azure, with the identical safety and compliance throughout your complete answer.
- Knowledge and AI innovation: You’ll be able to unlock information insights and innovation if you apply Azure information analytics and AI providers throughout your Oracle and non-Oracle information and purposes between assets, and deal with even mission-critical utility.
- Simplified operations: You’ll be able to deploy and handle Oracle Database@Azure infrastructure via the Azure portal and use native Azure instruments to view metrics, occasions, and logs for all Oracle Database@Azure databases. You may also do database provisioning and administration through OCI interfaces together with entry to acquainted tooling like Knowledge Guard, GoldenGate, and others.
- Simplified buying: You should purchase Oracle Database@Azure via the Azure Market and reap the benefits of current Azure and Oracle commitments and licenses. You’ll even be eligible for Oracle Assist Rewards, a program the place you’ll be able to earn rewards that you need to use to scale back your Oracle know-how license assist invoice.
- Unified buyer assist: You’ll be able to contact both your Oracle or Microsoft assist crew for a unified assist course of.
Bringing the facility of Oracle Exadata to Azure prospects
Main organizations in each trade have lengthy relied on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Actual Utility Clusters (RAC) to profit from their information and to energy mission vital purposes. Oracle Database@Azure prospects can have entry to Oracle RAC for top availability working on OCI . The service can be deployable in a number of availability zones to make sure regional excessive availability and in cross-region pairs to assist cross-geography catastrophe restoration situations.
Trusted migration and resilience
Migrating and deploying production-grade environments is simple when transferring to Oracle Database@Azure. Oracle offers confirmed database migration methods, together with automated migration options like Zero-Downtime Migration (ZDM). Oracle Database@Azure additionally helps the Oracle Most Availability Structure (MAA), which offers trusted high-availability architectures and configurations to satisfy a spread of resiliency necessities.
We’re thrilled to supply Oracle Database@Azure as an thrilling new choice to run Oracle database providers in Azure alongside your non-Oracle workloads, and use Azure cloud providers to function, handle, and innovate throughout all of them. To be taught extra about Oracle Database@Azure, watch this video, or go to Oracle Database@Azure.