In March of this 12 months, we introduced the overall availability of two new Azure Entrance Door tiers. Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium is our native, trendy cloud content-delivery community (CDN), catering to each dynamic and static content material supply acceleration with built-in turnkey safety and a easy and predictable pricing mannequin. It has already been extensively adopted by a lot of our prospects. We additionally promised to offer a zero downtime migration instrument emigrate from Azure Entrance Door (traditional) and Azure CDN from Microsoft (traditional) to the brand new Azure Entrance Door tier.
As we speak, we’re taking the following step in that journey, and we’re excited to announce the preview of the Azure Entrance Door tier migration functionality in addition to some new further options. The migration functionality for Azure CDN from Microsoft (traditional) will likely be coming quickly.
New options/capabilities on the brand new Entrance Door since common availability
Together with the migration function, we added extra capabilities, and integrations to the brand new Entrance Door tiers to offer you a greater cloud CDN resolution and a extra built-in Azure cloud expertise.
- Preview—Improve from Commonplace to Premium tier with out downtime: To study extra about upgrading to Premium tier, see Azure Entrance Door Tier Improve. This functionality can also be supported through the migration from Azure Entrance Door (traditional) to the brand new Entrance Door tier.
- Preview—Managed identities integration: Azure Entrance Door now helps Managed Identities generated by Azure Lively Listing to permit Entrance Door to simply and securely entry different Azure AD–protected assets comparable to Azure Key Vault. This function is along with the AAD Utility entry to Key Vault that’s at the moment supported. To study extra about the way to allow managed identities on Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium, please learn Arrange managed id with Entrance Door.
- Integration with App Service: Entrance Door can now be deployed immediately from the App Service useful resource with just a few clicks. The earlier deployment workflow solely supported Azure Entrance Door (traditional) and Azure CDN.
- Pre-validated area integration with Static Net Apps: Static Net App (SWA) prospects who’ve already validated customized domains on the SWA stage can now skip area validation on their Azure Entrance Door. For extra particulars, see Configure a customized area on Azure Entrance Door utilizing the Azure portal.
- Terraform assist for Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium, enabling the automation of Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium provisioning utilizing Terraform. For extra info, see Create a Entrance Door Commonplace/Premium profile utilizing Terraform.
- Azure Advisor integration supplies recommendations for greatest practices and configurations, together with expired certificates, certificates about to run out, autorotation failure for managed certificates, domains pending validation after 24 hours, use the newest “secret” model.
Azure Entrance Door allows you to carry out a zero-downtime migration from Azure Entrance Door (traditional) to Azure Entrance Door Commonplace or Premium in simply three easy steps. The migration will take a couple of minutes to finish relying on the complexity of your Azure Entrance Door (traditional) occasion, such because the variety of domains, backend swimming pools, routes, and different configurations.
In case your Azure Entrance Door (traditional) occasion has customized domains with your personal certificates, there will likely be two further steps to allow managed identities and grant managed id to a key vault for the brand new Azure Entrance Door profile.
The traditional occasion will likely be migrated to the Commonplace or Premium tier by default based mostly on the Azure Entrance Door (traditional) WAF configurations. Upgrading from the Commonplace tier to Premium through the migration can also be supported. In case your Azure Entrance Door (traditional) qualifies emigrate to Azure Entrance Door Commonplace, however the variety of assets exceeds the usual quota restrict, the Azure Entrance Door (traditional) cases will likely be migrated to a Premium profile as an alternative.
You probably have Net Utility Firewall (WAF) insurance policies related to the Entrance Door profile, the migration course of will create copies of your WAF insurance policies and configurations for the brand new Entrance Door profile tier. You too can use an present WAF coverage that matches the tier you are migrating to.
Azure Entrance Door tier migration is supported utilizing the Azure portal. Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI, SDK, and Relaxation API assist will come quickly.
You’ll be charged for the Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium base price from the second the migration completes. Knowledge switch out from edge location to shopper, Outbound Knowledge Switch from Edge to the Origin, Requests will likely be charged based mostly on the site visitors circulation after migration. For extra particulars about Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium pricing, see our pricing for Azure Entrance Door.
Notable adjustments after migration
- DevOps: Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium makes use of a distinct useful resource supplier namespace Microsoft.Cdn, whereas Azure Entrance Door (traditional) makes use of Microsoft.Community. After migration from traditional to the Commonplace or Premium tier, you’ll want to vary your Dev-Ops scripts and infrastructure code to make use of the brand new namespace and up to date ARM template, Bicep, PowerShell Module, Terraform, CLI instructions, and API.
- Endpoint: The brand new Entrance Door endpoint will get generated with a hash worth to forestall area takeover, within the format of endpointname-hashvalue.z01.azurefd.internet. The Azure Entrance Door (traditional) endpoint title will proceed to work after migration. Nevertheless, we suggest changing it with the newly created endpoint in Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium. For extra info, consult with Endpoint in Azure Entrance Door.
- Diagnostic logs and metrics gained’t be migrated. We suggest you allow diagnostic logs and monitoring metrics in your Azure Entrance Door Commonplace or Premium profile after migration. Azure Entrance Door Commonplace and Premium tier additionally provides built-in reviews and well being probe logs.
Get began along with your Azure Entrance Door migration as we speak!
To study extra concerning the service and numerous options, consult with the Azure Entrance Door documentation.
Study extra about Azure Entrance Door’s tier migration capabilities
We’re trying ahead to your suggestions to drive a greater expertise for the overall availability of the migration function.