This submit is co-authored by Rahul Bagaria, Principal Product Supervisor, Azure Monitor Buyer Success
Our prospects are remodeling their digital environments, whether or not migrating workloads to Azure, constructing new cloud-native apps, or unlocking new eventualities on the edge. As they mix these methods to fulfill their enterprise wants, they need to additionally keep their present environments. It’s essential that prospects can monitor the well being, efficiency, and safety of their mission-critical techniques, and an observability answer is a greatest observe for streamlined well-governed administration.
With Azure Monitor, our method to observability facilities on simplicity. We all know from our prospects how vital it’s to have monitoring accessible out-of-the-box and to simply get began with samples and proposals together with efficient alerts, optimum queries, and customizable reviews. To make sure which you could monitor your largest manufacturing workloads wherever in a reliable method, now we have designed our information platform to deal with 1000’s of terabytes of information per day simply and reliably. We additionally perceive that our prospects have their workloads in Azure, their on-premises datacenters, edge, and multi-cloud environments, and thus prolong Azure Monitor by means of Azure Arc in order that our prospects have the flexibleness to run their purposes wherever and monitor or handle them successfully.
With 99 % of the highest 1,000 Azure prospects utilizing superior capabilities of Azure Monitor, massive enterprises utilizing Azure supply a grasp class in well-monitored environments throughout cloud, on-premises datacenters, and the sting. As prospects together with Ernst & Younger, Nokia, LinkedIn, Mercedes Benz, and Asos.com belief Azure Monitor for his or her observability wants, a number of themes emerge for corporations of all sizes to achieve success in constructing a well-monitored setting.
Potential to watch at any degree throughout the stack and get deep insights
- Wealthy insights: You may make the most of curated visualizations, reviews, and diagnostic instruments for particular sources, utilizing insights from Azure Monitor. Utility Insights offers utility efficiency administration (APM) capabilities, and you should use VM insights, Container insights, or Community Insights (and plenty of extra) for infrastructure monitoring.
- Distributed tracing: Tracing is a key pillar of observability, and with Azure Monitor, you possibly can simply correlate transactions end-to-end from apps to dependencies to infrastructure. There are a number of topology views built-in like Utility Map, VM Map, and Community Map so that you can visualize the structure or drill down on transactions. With our investments in OpenTelemetry, we’re beginning to add assist for vendor-agnostic tracing as nicely.
- Log analytics: The center of Azure Monitor is our highly effective centralized logs platform which shops collectively all logs in Azure throughout monitoring, safety, and administration. You may even ship your individual customized logs, outline schemas and transforms, and make the most of the complete energy of log analytics. You get a wealthy question language (KQL) able to correlations, troubleshooting, analytics, and even AIOps. This platform additionally powers the safety monitoring and SIEM eventualities in Azure with Microsoft Sentinel and Defender for Cloud.
Open and extensible platform for companions and prospects to innovate
- Companions and integrations: Whereas Azure Monitor offers wealthy observability and analytics capabilities, as a buyer you’ve got a alternative to make use of any monitoring or analytics answer that fits your necessities, and we’ll absolutely assist that from the platform. We combine information from Azure sources with accomplice options like Datadog and Elastic (now natively accessible in Azure) utilizing the identical underlying platform that powers our experiences. We additionally present hooks so that you can export information, join alerts with ITSM techniques, or shift left by incorporating monitoring inside your DevOps toolchains.
- Open-source options: If you want to use open-source metrics or logging options alongside Azure Monitor, we assist a number of CNCF (Cloud Native Compute Basis) tasks. You may seamlessly scrape Prometheus metrics for Kubernetes clusters with Container insights, and there’s a Logstash output plugin for sending customized logs to Azure Monitor.
- Operational dashboarding: Past the dashboarding and reporting capabilities natively accessible in Azure, Grafana offers a really wealthy single-pane-of-glass visualization answer for multi-cloud environments. Azure Monitor is natively a part of the core Grafana software program with a wide range of dashboarding templates which you could construct on.
Enterprise-ready for mission-critical eventualities
- Privateness: Azure Monitor is absolutely GDPR compliant and doesn’t gather any PII out-of-the-box. We do assist information purging on request. Lockbox safety means that you can management entry to any information you’re amassing requests throughout assist incidents.
- Safety: For all of your logs in Azure Monitor, we offer information encryption at relaxation with customer-managed keys (CMK) in your Azure Key Vaults. There may be much more safety on the infrastructure degree with 256-bit AES encryptions. You may make the most of personal hyperlinks assist to attach securely to any of your personal community endpoints. To make sure additional belief and information safety, we suggest you configure brokers to make use of not less than Transport Layer Safety (TLS) 1.2, and if wanted, ingest Azure Energetic Listing authenticated logs into Azure Monitor.
- Compliance: We offer many capabilities that will help you meet any compliance necessities in your group, business, or geography. You may leverage exercise logs and audit logs for safety compliance and retain or archive particular information for lengthy durations (as much as 7 years) as wanted, with further assist for information immutability (in Azure Storage). Total, we adjust to a lot of the information residency and sovereignty necessities and are even focusing on to assist Schrems II very quickly.
For a extra in-depth take a look at Azure and observability, you possibly can be taught extra about monitoring greatest practices in your cloud and edge environments with our devoted steering cookbooks; we welcome you to achieve out to us with any questions or suggestions on our Tech Group.
Leave a Reply