At our Microsoft Ignite convention this week, we’re sharing new methods to proceed to boost your cloud adoption journey. First, we’re excited to announce the preview of Azure Chaos Studio—a totally managed experimentation service that can assist you observe, measure, and mitigate faults with managed chaos engineering, systemically bettering the resilience of your cloud purposes. Second, we proceed to construct a greater, simpler, and extra complete strategy to information your cloud atmosphere preparation, with Azure touchdown zone—an atmosphere for internet hosting your workloads, pre-provisioned via code—with out dropping sight of the applying to be deployed. And third, to maximise your group’s funding within the cloud, we have now recent steerage on cloud economics to construct your cloud enterprise case with key monetary and technical steerage from Azure.
1. Azure Chaos Studio: Monitor, measure, and mitigate faults in your purposes
Are you assured in realizing how your mission-critical Azure apps will reply to completely different failure eventualities? At this time we’re saying the preview of Azure Chaos Studio, which permits clients to mannequin and intentionally introduce faults that simulate real-world outages and validate how your utility performs below these eventualities. These are the identical instruments utilized by Microsoft engineers to construct the resilience of cloud providers. Chaos Studio permits clients to construct in your phrases, seeing how apps will reply to real-world disruptions. Acquire chaos engineering insights and speed up the invention of hard-to-find points, from late-stage improvement via to manufacturing, all inside Azure.
With Azure Chaos Studio you’ll be able to:
- Spend extra time studying about utility resiliency, with out managing instruments and scripts.
- Get began rapidly with agent-based faults that disrupt inside assets, and service-based faults that disrupt assets on the management airplane.
- Validate product high quality wherever and everytime you need with CI/CD pipeline integration, utilizing each to watch manufacturing high quality via steady validation.
We proceed to work on constructing a complete and constantly increasing library of fault sorts (together with useful resource stress faults for CPU, reminiscence, and disk, community faults so as to add latency or block entry to assets, and faults for service-specific disruptions like Cosmos DB failover, VM Shutdown, and Redis restart) for you and your crew to grasp how your utility would carry out in such eventualities and that can assist you implement a cohesive technique to make knowledgeable selections to make your utility extra dependable.
2. Azure touchdown zone: Eyes on the goal end-state
As you strategy each new cloud undertaking, getting ready your atmosphere for cloud utility is crucial on your success. Whether or not you might be making a brand-new utility or modernizing an current one, adopting cloud applied sciences is a journey—the place you are touring in direction of a goal end-state. Azure touchdown zone conceptual structure is the grasp architectural plan, primarily based on Microsoft finest practices and reference implementations described within the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure. Its scaled-out controls allow you to innovate safely, in alignment with the cloud working mannequin that works finest on your group, and progress via completely different levels, arriving at your vacation spot at your individual tempo.
If the goal Azure touchdown zone conceptual structure suits throughout the working mannequin and useful resource construction you are already planning to make use of, we may also help you deploy it with a ready-made deployment expertise. That will help you efficiently put together your cloud environments for any tasks, together with migration to the cloud, modernization of current apps, or constructing cloud-native apps on Azure, with correct scaled-out governance and safety within the cloud, rapidly, we have now developed Azure touchdown zone accelerators. These are Azure-portal-based templates that let you deploy a pre-configured atmosphere implementation with key parts in place, equivalent to administration teams and insurance policies offering a full implementation of the conceptual structure primarily based on requirements and finest practices. Merely level and click on via the template by answering a couple of atmosphere structure inquiries to customise it to your wants, in your Azure Portal expertise, and to deploy your atmosphere routinely and rapidly.
three. Cloud economics: Make your cloud funding rely
“Greater than 70 % of the shoppers have value optimization as their prime cloud initiative.”1 Via analysis and plenty of buyer interactions, we have now made out there new value administration approaches to information what you are promoting technique and targets definition. Our up to date strategy is right here that can assist you perceive the cloud economics of your investments and now consists of monetary instruments and templates to construct what you are promoting case and optimize your cloud funding.
We now have additionally created a Energy BI template, backed by an Excel mannequin, that may make it easier to forecast your prices early on as you’re planning your cloud journey. Use the Energy BI template and on-premises compute unit listing to grasp how one can benefit from Azure presents and advantages like Azure Hybrid Profit and reserved situations to avoid wasting in opposition to pay-as-you-go pricing and optimize your prices.
Test this new video steerage and study some lesser-known ideas for estimating and managing your cloud spend. From the Azure Value Administration Portal to Energy BI for customized views and reporting, to API-based integration that feeds value knowledge into your current monetary programs, we’ll make it easier to to maintain observe of your cloud spend and optimize your funding within the cloud.
As you proceed to undertake Azure providers, we are going to proceed to evolve and enhance our technical and enterprise content material and instruments to information your digital transformation journey and make it easier to notice the enterprise affect and targets you’ve got arrange on your group.
- Management the chaos! Come and break issues with Azure Chaos Studio. Analyze your dependencies and dangers and invent your individual chaos state of affairs hypotheses. Experiment with injecting completely different fault sorts to see how your apps reply. Be taught out of your outcomes and mitigate any points utilizing the reliability steerage of the Azure Properly-Architected Framework. Then attempt completely different failure sorts or goal completely different purposes.
- Check out the Azure touchdown zone accelerator. A part of the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure, this Azure-portal-based deployment supplies a full implementation of the conceptual structure, together with configurations for key parts equivalent to administration teams and insurance policies.
- Estimate your value utilizing the suitable presents and advantages. Use these instruments, together with a value estimator, that can assist you forecast your prices, discover methods to avoid wasting in opposition to pay-as-you-go pricing, and optimize your prices. Try this video to discover ways to use the price estimator.
Moreover, Azure Migration and Modernization program (AMMP) has helped 1000’s of consumers in accelerating their cloud migration and modernization journey. Primarily based on buyer requests, AMMP is increasing its assist to further eventualities together with SAP, hybrid with Azure Arc, safety, and utility modernization. Be taught extra in regards to the newest enhancements to AMMP assist right now.
Uncover further cloud enablement instruments, applications, and assets for a transparent path ahead on your whole group to efficiently obtain ongoing worth from the cloud.
1Flexera 2020 State of the Cloud Report
Azure. Invent with objective.