To make use of Cloud Features, simply write the logic in any of the supported languages (Go, Python, Java, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, .NET), deploy it utilizing the console, API or Cloud SDK after which set off it through HTTP(s) request from any service, for instance: file uploads to Cloud Storage, occasions in Pub/Sub or Firebase, and even direct name through Command Line Interface CLI.
There’s a beneficiant free tier and the pricing is predicated on variety of occasions, compute time, reminiscence and ingress/egress requests and prices nothing if the operate is idle. For safety, utilizing Identification and Entry Administration IAM you’ll be able to outline which companies or personnel can entry the operate and utilizing the VPC controls you’ll be able to outline community based mostly entry.
Cloud Features use instances
Some Cloud Features use instances embrace:
- Integration with third-party companies and APIs
- Asynchronous workloads like light-weight ETL
- Light-weight APIs and webhooks
- IoT processing and replace of the sensors/gadgets within the subject
- Actual-time file processing to be used instances similar to media transcoding or resizing as quickly because the file is uploaded in Google Cloud Storage.
- Actual-time ML options to be used instances similar to media translation or picture recognition for information uploaded in GCS.
- Backend for chat purposes and cellular apps.
Firebase Features and Cloud Features, are they totally different?
In case you are a Firebase developer, you’d in all probability use Firebase Features. These are created from the Firebase dashboard / web site. Each Cloud Features and Firebase Features can do the identical issues, they simply have barely totally different signatures and barely other ways of deploying. Firebase Features have a neighborhood emulator, which Cloud Features makes use of the Features Framework.
For a extra in-depth look into Cloud Features try the documentation. As soon as you’ve got bought your Operate up and working, try some ideas and methods.