Microsoft is taking part in SUSECON Digital 2021 to carry the most recent technical integrations and assist to SUSE Linux customers. Within the three-day occasion, Microsoft will take part in a number of actions from keynotes and demo periods to cubicles.
We are going to share the most recent innovation that allows mission-critical SUSE workloads emigrate and function in Azure throughout the occasion. We are going to cowl the most recent development of SAP on Azure with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, enabling high-performance computing for specialised workloads, the most recent characteristic updates with SQL on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, operating SUSE workloads in hybrid with Azure Arc, and automating administration providers with Azure Automanage.
On the principle stage, Arpan Shah, our Common Supervisor of Azure Infrastructure and Edge, will be a part of Dr. Thomas Di Giacomo, Chief Expertise and Product Officer of SUSE, for a keynote session, “Bridging mission-critical workloads throughout hybrid clouds with SUSE on Azure,” to debate the most recent improvements with SUSE. And we may even be that includes Kate Goldenring, our software program engineer and contributor of Venture Akri, within the edge world keynote to speak in regards to the newest improvement of the related edge with Kubernetes.
Bridge workloads throughout hybrid clouds
Right here’s a preview of what you’ll hear from us:
- Along with migrating SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) subscriptions to Azure Pay As You Go photos, Azure Hybrid Profit for Linux now additionally helps Azure Reserved Situations. This permits clients to economize on each the software program and computing prices when operating SLES in Azure. That is particularly helpful when operating persistent mission-critical workloads, equivalent to SAP.
- SUSE Gravity Stack for SAP on Azure is offered for purchasers to allow the one-stop-shop SAP implementation and deployment, and the most recent updates in functionality embrace prolonged storage restrict for SAP HANA from 2TB to 8TB for backup and catastrophe restoration, automated deployment by way of Terraform for SAP automation, and integration with Azure Monitor at the moment in preview for efficiency and administration monitoring.
- Azure Excessive-Efficiency Computing (HPC) continues to carry product enhancements to market. During the last 12 months, Microsoft introduced an 80,000 core job in a single tightly coupled job, 45 % extra reminiscence bandwidth for enhanced throughput, and extra not too long ago, a NAMD simulation that scaled to a report 86,400 cores, the size and efficiency is rivaling a Prime 10 supercomputer.
- The most recent Cumulative Updates 10 (CU10) of SQL Server 2019 for Digital Machines enhances its efficiency and safety, with customizable SQL containers now obtainable on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. Clients can deploy SLES photos with options like Azure Energetic Listing (AD) authentication and monitoring capabilities. SQL Server Replication and machine studying are additionally obtainable with SLES.
- Azure Arc helps clients with constructing hybrid cloud administration planes with their SLES digital machines, and Azure Automanage, at the moment in preview, robotically onboards Azure administration providers to SLES digital machines and automates the administration, operations, and remediation for SUSE workloads deployed throughout the hybrid cloud.
- Lastly, the subsequent launch of SUSE Rancher will present full full lifecycle administration for Azure Kubernetes Service clusters—serving to clients simplify the onboarding course of with providers like centralized role-based entry management (RBAC), CNCF licensed tooling, and first-class platinum assist for SLES, Home windows, and inside the Azure atmosphere.
Streamline your mission-critical workloads with Azure
The partnership between Microsoft and SUSE allows our buyer’s mission-critical workload migration, deployment, and operation within the hybrid cloud frictionlessly. Supporting clients to run SAP, high-performance computing (HPC), and different SLES primarily based mission-critical workloads in Azure with optimized efficiency, enhanced safety, and simplified administration. The distinctive built-in technical assist, technical experience for SAP onboarding and operation, and HPC capabilities provide clients a streamlined migration expertise. We’re dedicated to persevering with the partnership with SUSE in supporting extra clients to carry extra mission-critical workloads to Azure.
Leave a Reply