Welcome to Microsoft Ignite! I’m extremely impressed by this world group and the way you’ve navigated your organizations by way of important adjustments over the previous few years.
In a world the place enterprise leaders are feeling the strain to do extra with much less, organizations of all sizes and industries are more and more embracing cloud applied sciences as the trail towards digital and enterprise resilience.
I’ve had the chance to talk with our prospects about their enterprise wants and the challenges they’re dealing with. Prospects, we hear you, and that is what this 12 months’s Microsoft Ignite is all about—empowering you thru cloud expertise so you possibly can deal with what your group does finest—create, innovate, and differentiate.
We goal to be the world’s laptop and most trusted cloud accomplice for all workloads. Regardless of the place you might be in your cloud journey, we’ve got the experience, capabilities, and platform to assist improve agility, optimize expertise investments, and create data-driven experiences. To that finish, we’re saying a number of new developments to assist our prospects optimize their sources and get probably the most out of their current investments.
Efficiency, scale, mission-critical capabilities: Azure delivers to maintain your small business environment friendly and resilient
As our prospects proceed to embrace digital capabilities with robust cloud fundamentals, the “how” of cloud migration is prime of thoughts, particularly for mission-critical workloads.
We work intently with the expertise distributors you will have historically relied upon to run all of your workloads and guarantee Azure is prepared so that you can modernize your on-premises functions. We’re saying a number of new capabilities to help this:
- Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Microsoft Azure is now out there for simple extension or migration of your current on-premises Nutanix workloads and a constant atmosphere without having to switch or retool.
- Updates to Azure VMware Answer (AVS): Starting right this moment, this native VMware atmosphere previews stretched clusters, offering 99.99 % uptime for mission-critical functions requiring the best availability, and Buyer Managed Keys for optimum management over entry to encrypted information.
- The collaborative SAP ERP is now in preview and will increase consumer productiveness and focus by integrating workflows throughout SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Microsoft Groups, and Microsoft Workplace for shut collaboration with out software or context switching.
- Updates to Azure Heart for SAP options, an end-to-end deployment and administration expertise working SAP on Azure, now previews help for registering Home windows-based techniques and putting in SAP S/4HANA 2020/2021, whereas offering price transparency by way of integration with the fee evaluation function and much more high quality checks.
The Nationwide Basketball Affiliation (NBA) is a good instance of a company that selected emigrate its SAP options and different sources to Microsoft Azure to enhance operations and enhance fan engagement. Azure enabled them to spend much less time managing expertise and focus extra on producing fan-centric experiences that deliver collectively enterprise, recreation, and fan information to reinforce the best way individuals can get pleasure from interacting with the NBA.
We all know that optimizing investments frees up the sources it is advisable construct the experiences which might be most significant on your prospects.
We’re happy to announce a number of developments to ship new ranges of worth efficiency, mission-critical capabilities, and safety—whereas growing effectivity and guaranteeing your small business stays resilient, together with:
- The growth of the Azure Disk Storage portfolio with the overall availability of Premium SSD v2 for higher flexibility when managing efficiency and prices.
- We’re investing that will help you modernize your infrastructure, from the bottom up by taking a system-level method. We just lately launched new Azure Digital Machines and Azure Kubernetes Service that function Ampere Altra Arm–based mostly processors and ship wonderful worth efficiency when working scale-out Linux workloads.
- Azure Elastic SAN, a brand new cloud-native, totally managed, and massively scalable storage space community service—solely out there by way of Azure.
- New foundational Azure confidential computing service to assist shield information in use, and the addition of confidential computing capabilities to companies like Azure Digital Desktop and SQL Server on Azure Digital Machines.
Delivering data-driven experiences that offer you extra time and worth
We proceed to reinforce the best way Microsoft Azure integrates throughout infrastructure and information companies so you possibly can preserve your small business environment friendly and resilient.
In Might, we launched the Microsoft Clever Knowledge platform, integrating our best-in-class database, analytics, and information governance merchandise for a seamless expertise.
In the present day’s bulletins empower our prospects to do extra with much less, add layers of intelligence to functions, unlock predictive insights, and govern information wherever.
- Builders can construct on their phrases with the brand new innovation in cloud-native distributed information and open-source. Azure Cosmos DB is increasing past NoSQL to help distributed PostgreSQL, bringing every thing builders love about PostgreSQL to Azure Cosmos DB.
- Normal availability of the SAP Change Seize Knowledge Connector in Azure Knowledge Manufacturing unit permits prospects to herald SAP information for superior analytics. Azure Knowledge Manufacturing unit’s new Microsoft Graph Knowledge Connector for Microsoft 365 datasets transports your workplace information into Azure, so you possibly can unlock collaboration and productiveness insights. We’re additionally persevering with to take away friction from end-user experiences, permitting you to share your Energy BI datasets throughout tenants by way of Energy BI B2B information sharing.
- Microsoft Purview combines unified information governance with threat and compliance options. Enterprise Workflows, now typically out there, and Enterprise Metamodel, now in preview, make it simpler to maximise the enterprise worth of your information and drive cross-functional information governance.
And, our new Companion Ecosystem, permits ISVs to construct on prime of the open and ruled Microsoft Clever Knowledge platform, delivering an enriched, cost-optimized experiences for patrons throughout all industries.
Remodel your small business with Azure, wherever
We wish you to have the ability to keep agile and versatile when extending Azure to your on-premises, multicloud, and edge environments. We meet you the place you might be, so you possibly can mix your personal enterprise and operational edge investments with Azure’s world infrastructure to leverage the most effective Azure has to supply—by yourself phrases.
With Azure Arc, we constructed a bridge that extends the Azure platform so our prospects can construct cloud-native functions and companies with the flexibleness to run them throughout their current datacenters, edge, and multicloud environments.
For instance, Wells Fargo turned to Azure Arc to streamline a scalable compute platform throughout on-premises and cloud environments. And to get that very same totally managed, cloud-native expertise, they’re extending Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to their very own datacenters. This presents the flexibleness to adapt to ever-changing rules and compliance necessities by working AKS wherever it’s wanted. In flip, they’re capable of deliver new services and products to market quicker and delight their prospects.
I’m happy to announce new Azure Arc capabilities to save lots of you cash and allow additional innovation.
- Growth of the Azure Hybrid Profit to incorporate AKS so you possibly can deploy the Azure Kubernetes Service on Azure Stack HCI or Home windows Server in your personal datacenters or edge environments at no further price. This ensures a constant, managed Kubernetes expertise from cloud to edge for each Home windows and Linux containers.
- Azure Automanage is now typically out there for Azure Digital Machines and Arc-enabled servers. Inside minutes, you possibly can routinely configure servers to best-practice Azure companies with a easy “level, click on, set, overlook” expertise—whether or not they run Home windows, Linux, or are already positioned in Azure, on-premises, and even in different clouds.
Do extra with much less: migrate, optimize, reinvest
We’re targeted on discovering methods that will help you save and get most worth out of your cloud investments, wherever your small business could be in its journey.
We have already got pricing advantages and presents, like Azure Hybrid Profit, that will help you obtain financial savings whereas adopting and working in Azure. We additionally perceive you might want further assist to make sure workloads stay safe and guarded with hybrid flexibility as you progress.
At Microsoft Ignite we’re saying enhancements and advantages to make this even simpler.
- Our flagship Azure Migration and Modernization program (AMMP) now helps you intend and deploy cloud safety companies as you migrate, together with help for Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Microsoft Sentinel. You can too make the most of Azure innovation throughout hybrid environments with Azure Arc deployment help for workloads that want to stay on-premises.
- A brand new Azure financial savings plan for compute means that you can save as much as 65 % on choose compute companies in comparison with pay-as-you-go costs.1
If you happen to’re additional alongside within the journey to cloud, it is advisable optimize what you’ve already invested. Instruments like Microsoft Value Administration and Azure Advisor allow you to higher handle and perceive your cloud spend with finest observe steering and personalised insights.
We wish you to have the ability to take these cloud financial savings and reinvest them into crucial areas like disaster administration, safety, and clever cloud-native options that assist your small business keep resilient, develop, and create new worth.
You possibly can learn extra about how we’re investing in Azure that will help you do extra with much less and there’s a terrific breakout session this week that can allow you to deliver all of it collectively for your small business.
Our dedication to you
Whether or not you’re getting began with migration, able to optimize current investments, or trying to reinvest your financial savings and preserve innovation with cloud-native applied sciences, we’re right here that will help you make it occur.
Our dedication is to be the cloud accomplice you possibly can belief alongside your whole cloud journey, serving to you construct agility, optimize your small business, and create data-driven experiences.
On behalf of your entire Azure group right here at Microsoft, thanks for letting us be that accomplice for you. Nevertheless you’re experiencing the Microsoft Ignite classes this week—from the house workplace, gathered in Seattle, or world wide—we hope you benefit from the occasion!
Study extra about Azure at Microsoft Ignite this 12 months
1Prospects might even see financial savings estimated to be between 11 % and 65 %. The 65 % financial savings is based mostly on one M64dsv2 Azure Digital Machines for CentOS or Ubuntu Linux within the East US area working for 36 months at a pay-as-you-go fee vs. a diminished fee for a Three-year financial savings plan. Primarily based on Azure pricing as of October 2022. Costs topic to alter. Precise financial savings might range based mostly on location, occasion kind, or utilization.